Monday, February 9, 2009

The Grammys...... was Wayne robbed????

I've been trying to make sense of the Grammys. I remember a few years back, when KanYe West made a huge deal for not winning album of the year for Late Registration. And last year, Ye' was nominated again, for Graduation, and lost to Herbie Hancock. It seems like the people who make these selections for album of the year go for the safe bet. I know Outkast, and Lauryn Hill have won the award for album of the year, but they are no where close to being as "radical" as say a LiL Wayne. I truly think Wayne deserved the award last night. "Tha Carter 3" was a masterpiece. It was hip-hop, r&b, rock, It was everything. Dare I utter "classic". Not to mention the "milli" he sold in the first week. I mean homie swept all the hip-hop awards, but when will the selection committee @ the Grammys start going with the right choice, and not the safe one???

-YF

No comments:

Post a Comment